Welcome to Antioch
You can keep up-to-date on our current events by visiting the calendar.
You can communicate with a real person by using our contact page.
If you want to know more about joining us, check this page.
A Pause in our programme
Although the Antioch meetings are suspended while folks take a summer break, there is certainly plenty going on.
A sizable proportion of our young people have gone to Dalej in Poland, along with around 480 Sword of the Spirit members from around the world, including a UCO (University Christian Outreach) group from Galilee. For more detail check the Dalej Facebook page.
Here's our latest update from Poland:
- Our prep week, last week had around 120 people gathered for training and preparation for the conference.
- Now we are 480 people from 40 nationalities.
- There are 28 Servants of the Word brothers here (at all stages of commitment) and 4 Bethany sisters.
- We had a significant focus on ‘unity’ on Sunday – my impression is that there is new grace for this, both in understanding and in terms of something like an ecumenical encounter.
- Mission: Around 20 young people came together for a dinner to discuss the idea of a new mission community in Derry / Londonderry. We sent them home to pray, to talk to their local leaders and to consider coming to our December weekend where we will move it to the next stage.
- Haifa: 31 young men and women from Haifa were with us for 24 hours. It was an extremely positive connection with this new young group of students. They are currently discerning next steps in their relationship with us.
- Archbishop Georges Bacouni was able to visit and say a brief word on Wednesday morning.
- Poland: Andrzej Golik gave a presentation on Covenant and a brief history of our work in Poland. Significant for Polish in particular. And especially for the Krakow group – there are 50 of them here.
- Vienna: 15 young people from the group in Vienna are here – we will talk over lunch re. next steps. That is not clear yet but there is a lot of openness.
- Jeff Fountain YWAM was also with us for 2 days. He gave one presentation on mission in Europe calling us to hope – “God is not finished with Europe yet”.
- Pete Grieg, founder of 24-7, also gave a video message to the conference. His word: the young people of the Sword of the Spirit with dirty knees and dirty hands – on their knees in prayer and building with their hands.
Meanwhile, our senior leader Andy has been busy with another kind of Antioch which you can read about on the "Latest News" page.
On this page you can find out a bit more, and see that we have Antioch Friends' Meetings, to which you are welcome.
Antioch is . . .
Antioch is an ecumenical, charismatic, covenant, Christian community based in West London. We have been united by the Lord with a common way of life and mission. We belong to the Sword of the Spirit, a world-wide 'community of communities'. For more information see the about us pages.
We now have recordings of teachings from our meetings if you have missed them, or just want to hear them again. However, talks from "Members'" meetings are in the Members' section.
Short articles by our members
We have lifted some articles from Living Bulwark written by some of our students, and reproduced them on a page of other testimonies. You can read material by Greg Potter, James Mead and Sarah Bick.
Then you can read our series of short pieces about our experience of the Christian life. The first was by Arthur Delargy, and then we got the experience of Karen Jordan, who joined us from our sister community in Mumbai. Dominic Perrem told us about his walk of faith, and continues it in Dublin, in the Community of Nazareth, and then we got Bob Bell too. Read them and be inspired!
We have an outreach to students at the London colleges called koinonia. Their pages are worth a read!
This all sounds interesting, what do I do to find out more?
Check this page with some possible "next steps."